Frequently Asked Questions about Wheatland Trees
1. Who is your prime market?
We are a wholesale grower of chinook hardy trees, primarily serving the landscape industry.
2. Do you sell to the public?
We are a wholesale nursery. This means we focus our attention on selling to the retail market. Unlike other distribution methods where selected retailers are chosen, our preference is not to use an exclusive network. We are proud to sell to landscapers and the landscape industry. Although we do not cater to the individual homeowner, we are happy to try and answer any tree questions you may have. Call us and we will try to accommodate you in any way we can. Happy gardening!
3. How close to Calgary are your farms?
Both our farms are about 30 minutes east of Calgary.
4. What species do you offer?
We grow all the major species commonly available in this area, and we can fulfil special orders as well. See our Tree Guide to learn more.
5. How do I make an appointment to visit the farm?
Please contact Torquil Paxton at 403.934.2829 or .
6. How long have you been in business?
Wheatland Trees has been supplying quality trees to local businesses since 1988.
7. Is Wheatland Trees locally owned?
Yes, we are a proudly operated family operation, with two generations currently involved. We live in the same area in which we grow our trees.
8. What quality standards do you adhere to?
We grow our trees to meet or exceed the very high standards set by the City of Calgary.
9. What housing developments has Wheatland Trees provided trees for recently?
In recent years we have supplied trees for many prominent developments, including Auburn Bay, Evanston, Heartland, Legacy, Mountainview, Skyview Ranch.
10. How do we contact you in the off season?
Please send an email to .